Why should you get the Prepaid SIMCard from our premium partner Bikagomobile.
- Buy online – no need to wait through airport lines or find street vendors
- Get the best Network for Bali (Telkomsel / Simpati)
- Choose between eSIM or a physical SIM (collect at airport or get delivered to Hotel/Villa)
- Can be topped up online if you need more data (other local SIMcards usually cannot be topped up)
- Unlimited validity, perfect for digital nomads and long-stay tourists (local SIMcards usually limited to 30days)
- Very Flexible Data Packages and competitive prices
- No hassle – without the fuss and crowds of shopping
- 24/7 Support
- SIMcards and eSIM work all over Indonesia
Good to know about SIMcards and eSIMs
How do I get the Bali SIMcard or eSIM?
Order online, choose your internet package, and get connected in Bali with a reliable and affordable Internet Package:
- Order eSIM card (no physical SIMcard needed), immediately activated upon arrival, no IMEI registration needed, top-up and payments conveniently online.
- Order physical SIMCARD & Collect it at the airport when you arrive (no queueing)
- Physical SIMcard can also be delivered to your Hotel or Villa (small fee)
You can also pick up your pre-ordered SIMcard from any of the ten Bikago locations at your leisure, depending on where you are staying.
What is an eSIM card?
An eSIM Card (embedded SIM) is a type of SIM card that is embedded directly into a device, rather than being a physically removable card. eSIMs are becoming increasingly popular in smartphones, tablets, laptops, and other mobile devices.
eSIMs work in the same way as traditional SIM cards, but they offer several advantages.
- One of the main benefits of eSIMs is that they allow users to switch between different mobile network operators without having to physically change their SIM card. This can be done by updating the device’s settings or by downloading a new profile from the mobile network operator.
- Another advantage of eSIMs is that they are more secure than traditional SIM cards, as they cannot be physically removed or replaced without the device owner’s knowledge. This makes eSIMs less susceptible to SIM-swapping attacks, where a hacker takes control of a phone number by replacing the SIM card without the user’s knowledge.
- eSIMs also help device manufacturers to design more compact and lightweight devices, as the need for a SIM card slot is eliminated. This makes them more convenient for users and also make the device design more simple.
Activating your device
First, ensure that your device supports eSIMs before attempting to use one. eSIMs are digital SIM cards that have been adopted as a standard by carriers all over the globe including Indonesia. iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, and later models support eSIM. iPhone 14 devices sold in the United States do not have a SIM tray and can only use eSIM.
The next step is for the user to activate the eSIM, which can be done either by scanning a QR code provided by the mobile network operator or by entering a code provided to them via text message. In order to use the device normally, the user must first activate the eSIM before connecting to the mobile network.
What data package should I get for the Bali SIMCARD?
Naturally, this is dependent on how long you intend to stay and how “active” you want to be with your mobile data. If you don’t intend to stream movies or watch a lot of YouTube but still want to stay connected and use map and transportation apps, stay online on Whatsapp or Telegram, and check your emails, we recommend 3-5GB per week.
Price Box linked to BikagoMobile:
Why do we recommend getting a BikagoMobile SIMcard?
We’ve been keeping an eye on the tourist SIM card market for a while now, and we’re still irritated by it. When we first started out, our only goal was to educate consumers about available choices; we weren’t affiliated with any service providers or resellers.
Why? There is so much hassle involved in trying to get connected at the airport: many of the resellers who have little booths outside the arrival hall are overpriced or not transparent, many offer sloppy service because it’s super rushed, waiting in line takes forever, data packages cannot be topped off if necessary, and there is no afterservice if something is unclear.
We put BIKAGO and everything they have to offer to the test. We were so impressed that we decided to make BIKAGO our premium partner. We’ve known their teams for a long time. FINALLY! With the most reliable service in Bali and inexpensive data plans, the BIKAGO Mobile SIMCARD is the hassle-free product you’ve been searching for. If you value reliability and convenience, we recommend ordering the Bikago SIMcard before arriving at the airport.